Fire destroys Denmark commercial building

A massive fireball is all that could be seen Sunday at 5 Bull Ring Road as the Italian Moose burned to the ground.

A massive fireball is all that could be seen Sunday at 5 Bull Ring Road as the Italian Moose burned to the ground.

DENMARK — Extremely high winds made it nearly impossible for firefighters to effectively battle Sunday’s blaze at the Italian Moose Restaurant at 5 Bull Ring Road. The three-story building, including upstairs apartments, burned to the ground, despite a response by at least seven area fire departments. No one was injured.
The 6 p.m. fire may have been sparked by the building’s heating system, Fire Chief Dana Costello told news outlets. The restaurant was newly-opened in the old building following extensive renovations. Deputy Chief Ryan Lord said around six to eight people, family members of the restaurant owners, have been displaced by the fire, and the Red Cross has been called in to provide emergency assistance. Those displaced are believed to be staying with family members.
Because of the high winds, the building was fully-involved by the time firefighters arrived, and water was directed at neighboring buildings to prevent it from spreading. It was around seven hours before crews left the scene at 1:30 a.m., and the state Fire Marshal’s Office was called in to conduct an investigation.

Please follow and like us: